Saturday, March 14, 2009

Why I love the book Possession.

I will now flip randomly through the book and pick out ten random quotes I find on the random pages.

"The more the Many were revealed to me
The more I pressed my hunt to find the One"
-p 226


"What did she really look like, Blanche?"
"No one really knows for certain. I imagine her very pale, but that's only because of her name."
-p 144

"We fabricate to demonstrate their Truth."
-p440

"The Historian and the Man of Science alike may be said to traffic with the dead."
-p 116

"Very likely--very likely indeed! But it should be no boast. If it is a fact, it is almost a disgraceful one."
-p 425

"Choose now, and choose wisely, for extremes of bliss and misery stand in your choice."
-p 169

"It's both sides. It's everything. It was always there..."
- p 94

"There are things that happen and leave no discernible trace, are not spoken or written of, though it would be very wrong to say that subsequent events go on indifferently, all the same, as though such things had never been."
- p 552

"You know how things are now, do you? You know how things are? Do we ever know that about a fellow-creature?"
- p 400

"To a dusty shelf we aspire."
-p 61

No comments: