Sunday, April 12, 2009

Simple






Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
-Albert Einstein


So, I've been thinking about simplicity, and how my life doesn't really have it anymore...and how I want it so badly. Not that I would ever change the growth I've had during the complicated times, but I wish things would be simple again. How simple? It's an interesting question. Since the simplicity I knew before became so painfully complex because it was flawed, then the simplicity I want now is not the same.

It's a simplicity that I have to find and create on my own. Maybe that's what growing up is? Simplicity followed by complication then a battle back to a new, better, simplicity, which then becomes complicated. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Perhaps that is what Christ did, from a God, in all his glorious, perfect simplicity, to a man in this complicated world, to a glorious simple Godhood, greater because of the complications it overcame.

Humor is simplicity, solution is simplicity. I intersperse my complicated life with simple thoughts, laughs, songs and dances. The longer I live I find that simplicity is rest, and complication is work, and the juxtaposition is what we call joy.

No comments: