Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Names I like

Dear Universe:

I may never have children, but if I do here are some names that I currently (age 20) like. This list may change, but if I were suddenly to inherit an orphanage right now, here are some possible off-the-cuff names.

Girls

Memory
Athena
Sophia
Ruby
Annette
Heidi
Valene
Tally

Xarrissa-the "x" comes from the Chi or "X" symbol which was used as the beginning of the Romanized name of Christ.

Jezelle


Deborah
Judith
Verona-just thought it sounded pretty...although she may be destined
Basil
Mary
Miranda
Reagan
Anna
Eleanor
Gaia
Jael
Marie
Sita
Artemisa


Boys

Tevin
Christian
Nathan
Adam
Joseph
Barack
Andrew
Jefferson
Alexander
Hamilton
Hyrum
Adam
Apollo
Donovan




Anyway. I'm sure it will change, but it seems pretty good to me.

Mine is a blog from the bowels of the BYU Elementary Education department, in which I now reside. As a Mormon, liberal, feminist, I've got some pretty interesting things to say. I'll try not to let them become negative, but since no one but me really reads this anyway...here's to me. *clink*

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I've honed in on Sophia, Gaia, Rebekah, Asherah, Adelaide, Juno, Xarissa, Jehzell...mostly girls names (go figure).

As for boys, Harrison and David Paul

Our lists say a lot I think.