Monday, January 5, 2009

I miss being so easily entertained.

If only we'd stop trying to be happy we'd have a pretty good time.
-Edith Wharton




I miss being so easily entertained.

Now I am only seriously entertained by the entertainment of others.

I can't remember the last time I laughed like this.


Seriously though. I don't laugh all that much anymore. I think it has something to do with the big thick no-nonsense armor I put on when I feel threatened...or am surrounded by idiots....or am surrounded by threatening idiots who tend to be bigger and taller and generally more likable than myself.
Dang.

So, I will now just list a few dorky, girly things I like under all this armor and will deny if you confront me in person.

Fluffy Pink Flamingos
Lacey Silky Things
Big Poofy Skirts
Compliments
Mirrors (I don't know why I like mirrors. I don't think I'm particularly attractive, but for some reason I just find them really soothing.)
RUBBER BALLS
Jumping up and down
Giggling! OH THE GIGGLING! I miss you the most.
Telling Jokes
Hugs
Shiny Lip Gloss
CUTE FLUFFY HAMSTERS. OH MY GOSH. I suddenly craved a Hamster when I found this. ( The moment I saw you on that piano, eating that popcorn, I knew you were no ordinary hamster.)
Smiling at people
Snuggling
Oreo Chocolates
The Gym
Sparkles
The color red
the color pink
watching my skirts make pretty shapes when I spin
When I think no one is looking or I am with friends who I feel safe with, I like to slide on the ice
I like talking to myself
I also like unicorns ( which I sadly know are not real...)
Nail Polish
Time Magazine
Reading for Leisure
Yoga
Sleeping in
Face Masks
Pretty smelling perfume
Flowers
Sighing
Being completely relaxed and trusting another human being completely (I think the last time I did that I was like in the third grade)
Pillows
Graphic Novels ( I know right...I know...like Persepolis)
Glitter Nail Polish
Mountains
Pretty Bodies of Water
Pretty Boys
Romantic Movies and Books
Imagining that I can kick trash
rolling around on my bed
Dancing like a lunatic in my room to loud music ( happens a lot...happens a lot)
Macaroni and Cheese ( shaped...it has to be shaped)
Sleeping on the couch
Orange Chicken
Fluffy sweaters
Electric Blankets

...I'll think of more later when I decide I am taking things too seriously and I need to chill.

Good things that happened today.

An undisclosed amount of money was inserted into my account from BYU. Whao.

I found all my textbooks online for cheaper than at the bookstore.

It was SNOWING!

I had all the warm clothes I needed.

The snow was in really big crystals so that I could see the individual shapes.

I played catchphrase with my friends.

I got to read for fun.

I ate a yummy sandwich for lunch.

There was a sale on really nice leather-bound file dividers so I bought five. They are very pretty.

Someone compleminted my hat.

I skipped and slid home and didn't fall down once! HA! I laugh at the fates!
( close call one time though)

I went to bed early...just now. Because I'm tired yo.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Chaaarlieeee!

That one guy... said...

You need to be entertained easily... So are you saying that we should hang out again?