Friday, November 6, 2009

Empowerment and the Body


So, for the last few days I have been using the rather useful "My Monthly Cycles" program which is free online. It tells me everything, from hormonal symptoms which should be due on each day, to my fertility cycle, to my menstruation, all on a calendar. There is something profoundly empowering about suddenly understanding what is going on with this body of mine. Now I can just look at a calender and figure it out. Each day I get e-mails to remind me to enter my statistics and symptoms, including temperature. Oh awesome female body! I love really getting you!
There is something cool about knowing, and understanding, and speaking the language of one's own person. As I now understand the stars, and know the reasons for their changes, and can predict their movements, so it is becoming with my body. I feel kind of old-school in an ancient healer type of way. Just an ancient healer with a digital calendar. :)

No comments: