Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dear Universe

Universe: Hey Megan.

Megan: I don't want to talk to you right now.

Universe: What? Why? You usually can't wait to talk to me.

Megan: Are you trying to kill me?

Universe: Well...I suppose in the very looooong run, yes, but in the short term I kind of like you living...plus you've got that Jesus guy.

Megan: Well, then explain to me how I could have my keys in my hand this morning, and not this evening.

Universe: Well, an object at rest stays at rest....

Megan: Come now, none of that. Where are my keys! For serious. This charade stopped being funny like a loooooong time ago.

Universe: Well, I'm sure they're somewhere around here.

Megan: Well, you are the Universe, for cryin' out loud. Can't you tell me where they are?

Universe: *blink blink* Do you have ANY idea how much is going on with me right now.

Megan: Ya, well, I sometimes forget how big you are.

Universe: Are you calling me fat?

Megan: No, more like "ever expanding." I'm sure it's all muscle though.

Universe: Darn right. Hey, didn't you get like five copies of your keys just in case this happened.

Megan: Yep. Bad news being that none of them seem work in the ignition.

Universe: Well...wow. That does bite something fierce.

Megan: This begs the interesting question of whether or not I was created to do anything right. I mean, I try my best, but everything seems to go wrong anyway. I mean, I spend about 90 percent of my day worrying about stuff- like hard core. Are there people in the Universe who don't worry all that often?


Universe: Yes. But they're usually dead, or about to be. But really Megan, you've got great friends who love you and are waaaay nicer to you than you are to them, you're surviving school, you have an income, and what about that pretty boy you got recently.

Megan: You're right. I really like him.

Universe: And your family is really great too, and really love you.

Megan: Maybe you're right universe. Maybe I really do have it really really good, and so far nothing has killed me yet. Everything really does seem to work out....except me on certain days. *self-amused chuckle*

Oh, and I just found my keys.